2014 READING STATS:
Number Of Books You Read: 51
Number of Re-Reads: 2
Number of DNFs: 1
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy
BEST IN BOOKS:
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
This was a very hard decision to make but I’ll have to go with City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. This was an amazing conclusion to The Mortal instruments series and it definitely left me with a book hangover!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. This was just nothing like the other two books of his that I’ve read and I really didn’t enjoy it, sadly.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
In a good way: Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher. I did not expect to like this book, at all… but wow. I loved it!
In a bad way: The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I really had high expectations for this but it just didn’t live up to them.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. After reading this book I was recommending it to everyone and they all seemed to love it just as much as me.
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Rainbow Rowell. After reading her Eleanor and Park it was pretty easy to say Rainbow is one of my favourite authors.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski. I don’t usually read NA and have heard some bad things about the genre as a whole, but I did enjoy this book.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. This book contained so much action!
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. This series was so good, I definitely will be rereading it again soon
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
World After by Susan Ee. Both books in this series have amazing covers!
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
This one is pretty hard because I’ve read about so many amazing characters this year… I’m going to go with Ty from Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher, I’ve chosen him mainly because of how much my opinion changed off him throughout the novel.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher. This book was so much better than I expected!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I think for anyone that has read this book, me putting it as the answer for this category needs little, to no, explanation. And if you have yet to pick it up… do it already!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. I’ve already mentioned this so much but I loved this series a lot.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2014?
Shortest: The Last Stand of the New York Institute by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson – 40 Pages.
Longest: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare – 725 pages.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher. It shocked me how much I loved this book.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase from The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Liesel and Max from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan – Rick Riordan is an amazing writer.
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher. I don’t think I would have ever picked up this book if it wasn’t for my friends raving about it.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Daemon Black from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Rite of Rejection by Sarah Negovetich. I think this was the only 2014 debut I’ve read but it was very good!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. I loved the world of the nevernever, which seemed both terrifying and beautiful.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, Sarah Rees Brennan. I loved reading about Magnus Bane as he is one of my all time favourite characters
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Selection by Kiera Cass. I know there are a lot of people that don’t like this book/series, but then there are also a lot of people who love it. I’m apart of the latter.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. This book is such an emotional roller coaster and after reading it I felt numb.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
I’m going to have to say The Book Thief again.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. I have never wanted to throw a book across the room so much than when I was reading this book. A lot of people find Nora annoying in this book but it was Patch that frustrated me the most.
YOUR BLOGGING/BOOKISH LIFE:
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
Well, I only started blogging this year so I’ll have to say every blog I followed since I’ve started!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
My review for Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher because I never realised how much I enjoyed this book until I wrote this review.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
My post on The Addictive Blog Award because it was the first blog award I was nominated for so it felt extra special.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Attending the Divergent London Premiere and fan event, this was such an amazing experience and getting to watch the movie early was fantastic.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
I think this was when I finally started my blog because I had wanted to do it for so long.
6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My Monthly Wrap Up – October to December 2014, because it was my very first wrap up post and is also my least viewed post but I did only post it yesterday so maybe that’s why.
8. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Netgalley because I believe it offers newer bloggers an amazing opportunity to request early copies and to allow them to promote new/upcoming books!
9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
My goodreads 2014 reading challenge of 50 books.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Right now I have none.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
End of Days by Susan Ee. This is going to be so good… I can’t wait!!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Read the entire Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I don’t think I’ve read any just yet.