Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection series
Genres: Young Adult, Dystopia, Romance
Release Date(first book): 7th June 2012
Publishers: HarperCollins Children’s Books
Buy at: BookDepository
Disclaimer: Whilst I know that Cass is publishing more books in the selection series this series overview is based on the ‘original’ trilogy only.
What I liked about this series:
- It was a fast and easy read. (I read the first two in one sitting each and the second in two sittings)
- Prince Maxon. He was so sweet and it was hard not to love him
- The girls of the selection finally coming together and realizing their friendships with each other were just as important as their relationships with Maxon
What I disliked about this series:
- American Singer could be very annoying and it’s hard to enjoy a story when the narrator is annoying.
- The rebel attacks… They sometimes felt like they were only happening for the sake of something to be happening.
Do I recommend it?
If you’re looking for a light and easy read then you should definitely give this series a shot.
One quote per book:
- “No, I’m not choosing him or you. I’m choosing me.” – The Selection
- “It wasn’t like I made his world better. It was like I was his world. It wasn’t some explosion; it wasn’t fireworks. It was a fire, burning slowly from the inside out.” – The Elite
- “You are not the world, but you are everything that makes the world good.” – The One
I think this series is blessed with stunning covers and so it is hard to pick a favourite but the colour scheme for The One is my favourite.