So, here it is – the first to be read post of 2016 (I still can’t believe it’s 2016 already, 2015 went by so quickly!). I was actually pretty good at sticking to last months TBR so I’m hoping this month will be the same.
The Books I definitely want to get to:
1. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – This book was on my 16 books I want to get to in 2016 list and it also made it on a similar list last year, because I feel like I’ve put off reading this book for too long I decided to put in on this months TBR to motivate me to pick it up. Especially since the movie is coming out soon.
2. End of Days by Susan Ee – I remember when this one was released last year, I was so motivated to pick it up but for a reason I can’t remember I never purchased it. I finally own a copy so I’m planning to pick it up soon.
3. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell – As I mentioned in my last wrap up I picked up Fangirl last month so that I could finally read this one. Whilst, I was told that you don’t need to read Fangirl before this one (This isn’t a sequel, it’s a companion novel) I thought I’d be able to enjoy it more if I read that it first. Anyways, now I’m free to pick this one. I’ve heard amazing things about it, so I’m excited.
4. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead – This was another book mentioned in my 16 books I want to get to in 2016 post and I also included it in my last months TBR. The first book in the bloodlines series was a really quick and enjoyable read, so I’m hoping for the same with this one.
TBR Jar Challenge:
This year I really want to do a TBR Jar challenge – I’ll be making a post explaining all of the challenges I’ve included in the jar later this month but for now let me go ahead and pick my first challenge…
Read a book you previously DNFed – For this challenge I’ll be reading Never Never by Brianna Shrum. Whilst I never technically DNFed the book (I’ve only ever marked one book as a DNF – which was such torture that I physically couldn’t force myself to finish it), I have put it on hold for a long time, so this kind of counts.
I’m also buddy reading one book per month with a friend of mine, but as we still haven’t picked the book I can’t share it with you. I guess you’ll have to read my wrap up to find out what book we picked.
1. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken – I’ve mentioned this book already in multiple posts, so you all know why I’m excited about it by now – pirates and time travel.
2. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard– This is the first book in a new fantasy series that is being getting so much buzz lately. I’ve actually already read this one, I was fortunate to receive an ARC. I can confirm that it’s worth the hype.
Those are all of the books I’m planning to read this month + my most anticipated releases of January 2016.+ What are some of the books you want to read this month? What books are you anticipating? Have you read any of these books? Tell me in the comments!