There are a ton of books being released this month, which seem really interesting and like something I would totally love to read. At first I was tempted to include all of the releases I had even a slight inclination to read, but then I thought better of it. This list wouldn’t really be a most anticipated releases of the month list if I put every release that slightly interested me, right? That’s why I’ve decided to limit these lists to a maximum of five books (I’m probably going to regret this later).
1. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer – This is a collection of nine novellas (five of which have never been released before) set in the lunar chronicles world. I still need to read Cress, Fairest and Winter before I can get to this one but that doesn’t mean I’m not excited to read it. The hardcovers release date is 2nd February 2016, I’m not too sure if this book will be published in the UK too, so if you know tell me in the comments please! (There will be a paperback released in march too, but that’s the US paperback not the UK one).
2. Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers – Since reading the Throne of Glass series I’ve got a soft-spot for assassins. I’ve been meaning to pick up more assassin centric books, so when I heard about this one I couldn’t not add it to my TBR. This story follows Lea, who belongs to one of the nine rival assassin families, after her entire family is killed. She blames Val, who is the son of her families biggest rival and also someone she’s been secretly seeing. Lea is set on getting revenge and making Val’s family pay. This book will also be released on the 2nd February 2016.
3. Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell – I don’t know too much about this book, but I feel like that’s a good way to go into this one. From the goodreads summary I’m assuming it’s a Peter Pan retelling. I recently read another Peter Pan retelling and whilst it wasn’t my favourite read, it did leave me feeling nostalgic and open to reading more stories set in Neverland. This book will also be released on the 2nd February 2016 (That day is going to be a very busy day for book lovers).
4. Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman – This is a historical fiction fantasy novel, I believe. It follows Blackbeard, but before his pirate years, as he struggles with conforming to the high society he was born into. We also follow Anne, who has been recently orphaned, as she’s forced to take a job at Blackbeard’s fathers home. I’m guessing there will some sort of romance between the two. This title will be released on the 9th February 2016.
5. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury – I’ve just realised that this list contains quite a few fairy tale retellings. This one follows Zahra, a jinni, after Aladdin discovers her lamp. Zahra’s offered a chance of freedom from the king of the jinn, but that means betraying Aladdin, who she’s slowly falling in love with. The cover for this book is stunning and is what attracted me to it originally. Also, Sarah J. Maas gave it some glowing praise, so it must be good. This title will be released on the 23rd February 2016.
If any of you were lucky enough to receive ARCs of the books I mentioned above, did you enjoy them? What releases are you most excited for this month? Tell me in the comments!