This month I’m not too sure what I want to read. Okay, that’s not strictly true. I do know what I want to read, but there are so many books I want to read all at once that I’m not sure which ones I’ll be getting to this month. This is why my TBR pile this month is going to be over ambitious but that’s okay because I don’t plan to complete it.
1. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – This was the only book on my TBR for last month that I wasn’t able to complete. I’m currently reading it and even though I’m only 40% of the way through I’m really enjoying it so far.
2. The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski – I’ve been wanting to read this book for so long
and now that I finally own a copy I can’t wait to pick it up. The Winner’s Curse is the first in a fantasy trilogy. It follows Kestrel who is a generals daughter after she buys a slave, Arin. I’ve heard that this book has a complicate world and that the plot is full of politics which I’m excited for.
3. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – This is one of those books that as soon as I heard the summary I knew I was going to love it. I think I’ve put off reading this book for a long time just because I don’t want that image to be shattered, but I’m going to try and pick it up this month.
4. Rebels of The Sand by Alwyn Hamilton – This was one of my most anticipated releases of 2016, so I was thrilled when I was sent an early finished copy. I’ll definitely be reading and reviewing this one this month.
5. Cress by Marissa Meyer – I’ve talked about how I really need to read this asap on my blog countless times. I finally ordered a copy after my instagram and twitter followers voted for Cress as one of my top three books I need to purchase and read immediately. My copy still hasn’t arrived though, so if it does come before February ends I’ll probably read it.
TBR Jar Challenge:
For this challenge I’ll be reading Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – this book has been receiving endless hype since it has been released, so I really want to see what the buzz is all about. I’m not sure if I’ll read her Shadow and Bone first (I probably won’t), which is set in the same world. What would you recommend I read first?
Buddy Read of The Month:
I mentioned in my last TBR post that me and Charley @ Bookinnerd are buddy reading one book each month. This months pick is I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson. I don’t know too much about this book, but I’m actually glad about that. I’ve heard it’s beautiful and heartbreaking, so I’m going to make sure I have a stockpile of tissues before I start it.
Those are all of the books I may, or may not, get to this month. Which books do you plan to read this month? Tell me in the comments!