One of the things I hate the most about first days of school is when the teacher goes around the class and asks everyone to introduce themselves. “Tell us a fact about you and your name” they say, “It’ll help us get to know you” they say, “It’ll be fun” they say. Well, I absolutely hate talking about myself/coming up with facts about me. Maybe it’s the pressure of trying to sound more interesting than the previous person? Or the fact that you have around 2 minutes to come up with something cool? But it makes me feel awkward and shy. But for this post I’m going to try and share ten facts about myself. I apologize in advance if they’re boring or cliche or you’ve seen them before on my blog.
1. The first movie I ever watched in a cinema was Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone – I actually watched the movie before I read the books so I guess I could say the first movie was what started my obsession? After watching the first movie at my school’s book fair I bought the second book instead of the first one because chamber of secrets was blue and I liked blue things. My mum tried to explain to me that I needed to read philosopher’s stone but I was a stubborn child. And it was BLUE, so I had to get it. I ended up rereading the second book a gazillion times before I ever actually read the series in order.
2. I have a tea addiction – Maybe I’m a walking, talking, breathing British cliche? Or maybe I’m just really in tune with my South Asian heritage? But anyways tea is life. I could drink it all day, every day and I definitely prefer tea over coffee.
3. I went to the Divergent movie premiere and fan event in London – I entered SOO many giveaways to win tickets and I won 3 of them (I think I won a total of 9 tickets). I’m usually so unlucky so I don’t know how that happened. I didn’t take all 9 tickets because 1. I don’t have that many friends to invite and 2. it would’ve been pretty shitty of me to take all the tickets and bring people who weren’t really fans when those tickets could’ve been given to people who actually loved and supported the trilogy. It was actually a really fun event and the movie was great (lets not talk about the later movies okay… they never happened). Oh, they also had an aptitude section and guess who got Divergent? This gurrrl.
4. I don’t technically have bookshelves – Let me explain why I’m saying techinically. So in my room I have builtin wardrobes all around my room and one of those is a cupboard with shelves. So me and my sister (we share a room) have 3 shelves each. I use two of those shelves for books – and both are full. I can’t even fit one more book on them so I have to keep some of my books in boxes under my bed. I really need to buy a bookshelf but because the wardrobes are all over my room I really don’t have space. I should probably stop buying new books now.
5. Besides reading my second passion is sketching – I haven’t had the chance to sketch in a really long time though because life got really busy but my plan for this summer is to start again. I don’t think I’m very good right now but I plan to practice a lot this summer and hopefully start digitally drawing so I can make fan art of my faves.
6. I hate DNF-ing books – Honestly, I could absolutely hate a book and I will try and force myself to power through. I know I shouldn’t be afraid to DNF a book because it means I can spend that time reading a book I could potentially love but old habits die hard right?
7. I can’t bring myself to by multiple editions of books – No matter how much I want that prettier edition I won’t buy it. I genuinely feel like I’m wasting money if I buy a book that I already own, plus it wastes the limited shelf space I have too. Even though I never buy multiple editions of the same book I do spend a lot of time wanting a different edition of some of the books I already own. Bookworm struggles.
8. I love Bookstagram – I think instagram is slowly becoming my favourite social media platform even though I haven’t been as active as I’d like to me. Photography is another one of my passions and it’s great I can combine two of the things I love with bookstagram. If you’d like to follow me on bookstagram my username is ohbookish
9. I want to spend a year living in a different country/city – I love London but I’ve lived here my entire life. I really want to experience life in a different country/city. I don’t know if I’ll be brave enough to pick up and move when it comes down to it but it’s on my bucket list.
10. People always get confused when I try to explain my siblings to them – I remember when I was younger I used to always wonder what it would be like to have loads of siblings. Dear younger self, it’s complicated. I have one biological sister (BOTH of our parents are the same), then I have some half brothers and sisters from my dad’s second marriage and then I have two stepsisters (we have no same biological parents) from my mum’s second marriage. Complicated stuff.
Now that you guys know a little bit more about me, I want to learn more about all of you! Tell me something about yourself in the comments!