We’re already over a week into July, but it’s never really too late to post a monthly TBR right? This is the first month of my summer break so I’m hopefully going to be reading a lot (key word: hopefully – because we all know I procrastinate a lot).
I’ve already read a few books/comics so I’m not going to mention them in this post, I’ll save them for my wrap up but there are still so many other books I plan to read, so lets talk about them.
1. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo – This is the book I’m currently reading and loving. I’m not very far in because I keep having to put it down due to my extreme flailing. Honestly, everyone keeps telling me this is Bardugo’s ‘worse’ work so I really don’t know how I’m going to survive Six of Crows when I finally get to it.
2. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo – This is the third and final book in the grisha trilogy
and what I’ll hopefully be picking up next.
3. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – My ultimate goal when starting the grisha trilogy this month was to get to this book. I know you don’t really need to read this series but because everyone was saying that this was so much better than the grisha trilogy I decided to read that first, in case I didn’t enjoy the grisha trilogy as much if I read it second.
4. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – I remember during my exams all I wanted to do was read this book. Everyone keeps talking about how amazing this book is so I’m excited to see what I think about it. Especially since I wasn’t so fond of some of the things that happened in Maas’s mos recent release. I didn’t pick it up right away because I was avoiding opening the package it was in (I have zero shelf space for these new books) but now I’ve opened it so I’ll hopefully read it soon.
Buddy Read of the Month:
I’ve been awful at the buddy reads. I think I’ve only managed to read two of them, which sucks since I really wanted to do the whole buddy read thing. I do plan to catch up with the past buddy reads but for this month I’m going to focus on reading Winter by Marissa Meyer, which rivals the A Song of Ice and Fire books with its size.
I’ve said this before but I’m basically a The Lunar Chronicles fan account on twitter and it’s taken so much effort not to pick this up sooner (We actually preplanned this pick so resisting has been really hard… The book reader struggles). I’m so glad it’s finally July and I can read it now.
This is a huge book so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get to all of the other books on my TBR, but I’m going to try. I’m actually currently listening to the audiobook of this whilst I finish Siege and Storm, I’m not sure if I’ll listen to all of the book or start reading the book for myself at some point.
TBR Jar Challenge:
Another thing I haven’t been that good at keeping up with… my TBR jar challenge. I think I’m three months behind on this challenge so I’m going to attempt to do two this month. This months challenges are….
- Read a book more than 500 pages – I’ll be reading Winter for this one! (Talk about killing two birds with one stone)
- Read a book you’ve recently added to your TBR – I’ll be reading After Alice by Gregory Maguire which I was recently sent for review and so is the newest book on my TBR
I only have one anticipated release this month which is The Cursed Child by JK Rowling. I talked about in my Most Anticipated Releases of The Second Half of The Year that after reading some spoilers I am a bit skeptical about this book but I’m still going to read it because it’s Harry Potter and I’ve waited a long time for a new Harry Potter book.
Those are the books I’ll hopefully be reading this month. Have you read any of them? What books will you be reading? And What releases are you anticipating this month? Tell me in the comments!