I had a surprisingly good reading month in July (we’ll talk more about that in my wrap up, though) which has inspired me to have a slightly overambitious August TBR despite not having read a single page since August has started. It’s only been four days so it’s probably too early to panic right?
Anyways, these are the books I’m going to read this month hopefully:
1. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – This is what I’m currently reading and I’m really enjoying it so far. I was hoping I could finish this in July but I got really busy near the end of the month so I wasn’t able too… obviously.
2. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – This has been on my TBR for a few different months but I never seem to get to it. But since the third and final book in this trilogy was released this month I think it’s about time I pick this up. Fingers crossed I actually do.
3. Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin – TRUST ME, I KNOW. How haven’t I read this book yet!?!?
I’ve been talking about how much I’ve wanted to read this book since January, it was also a buddy read pick and I still haven’t read it. This month will be the month I read this though, I promise (maybe I shouldn’t have said that?).
4. The Archived by Victoria Schwab – I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about Schwab’s books and I’ve owned this one for a while now. So, I thought it was time I started to read all of her books. This will hopefully be my second book of hers (Spoiler alert: Our buddy read pick is a Schwab book too)
5. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury – This was a sort of random pick for my TBR this month, if I’m being honest. I do want to read this, but I’m not desperate to read it ASAP. I only recently purchased this book but I’m trying to make an active effort not to buy books and then leave them on my shelf unread for over a year. Which is why I added this to my TBR.
TBR Jar Challenges:
This month I’m going to try to complete three challenges in an attempt to catch up on my TBR Jar.
- Read a book from your 16 Books I Want To Get To in 2016 list – Choosing a book for this challenge was pretty easy. I’m going to go with the only book for my last months TBR that I didn’t start which is A Court Of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- Read a book that’s been on your shelf for over a year – I’ve owned The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken for the longest time. I purchased a copy back when there was so much hype around these books but I never ended up picking it up.
- Read a graphic novel/comic bind up – I was really into comics/graphic novels last month so I couldn’t have picked this challenge at a better time. I’m not 100% on what I’ll pick up but right now I’m leaning towards the second Saga volume.
Buddy Read Of The Month:
This month I got to pick the book and I decided to go with A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab. I’ve been wanting to read a Schwab book for the longest time now and I’m finally going to do it! This’ll be the book I pick up after Six of Crows, probably.
I’m not including this book on my official TBR because I’m still not sure if I’ll read it or not, but what did you guys think of The Cursed Child? Should I read it this month? I’ve heard mixed reviews so I don’t know if I want to read it now. What books will you be reading this month? Tell me in the comments!