Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Science Fiction
Release Date(first book): 3rd January 2012
Buy at: BookDepository
What I Liked:
- The racial diversity of the characters
- How the characters have very different personalities but they compliment one another very well
- Meyer wove the different fairy tales together flawlessly
- She also made each fairy tale her own and gave them unique twists
- The whole concept of a cyborg Cinderella
- The platonic relationships within this book, I do think friendships are often overlooked in books so I’m glad we had so many in the lunar chronicles!
- I actually did a whole post on why you should read the lunar chronicles so click here to read it!
What I Didn’t Like:
- Winter, the book, did feel slightly repetitive/draggy at parts
- Fairest, not because the book was bad but because I didn’t feel like it really added to the story. You could probably skip this book and still understand everything.
Do I Recommend It?
One Quote Per Book:
- “I’m sure I’ll feel much more grateful when I find a guy who thinks complex wiring in a girl is a turn-on.” ―
- “I just think we shouldn’t judge her, or anyone, without trying to understand them first. That maybe we should get the full story before jumping to conclusions. Crazy notion, I know.” ―
- “You said yourself that the people of Luna need a revolutionary.” She lifted her chin, holding his gaze. “So I’m going to Luna, and I’m going to start a revolution.” ―
- “Maybe the princess could save herself.” “That sounds like a pretty good story too.” ―
- “Yeah, but broken isn’t the same as unfixable.” ―
This is tricky, I really loved each book for different reasons. I loved cinder because it’s what started it all of, scarlet because everything became more complicated than I’d expected it to get, cress because I just really enjoyed the different arcs within that book, and winter because everything was so explosive and action-packed.
But ultimately I think I’m going to go with Cress just because like I said I really loved all of the story arcs.